Sunday, September 29, 2013

Full Body Mickey Cake

This chocolate full body Mickey Mouse cake was made for a little boy's second birthday.  I cut out most of my cakes free handed, but I have a ton of cake pans clients occasionally want, so when this client wanted Mickey Mouse I related that I had a full body Mickey Mouse pan and a Mickey Mouse head only pan.  She chose the full body Mickey Mouse pan with the full understanding that I would have to adapt my 1978 vintage Mickey Mouse cake pan to be recognizable for a two year old!  The biggest challenge was the vintage Mickey not having a hand, so I tried to make it look like Mickey's hand was behind his back.  I like how it turned out, but I think if I did this again, I would free hand draw Mickey's hand on his hip.   Mickey's face is my favorite part because I think I free handed that spot on and it was easily the most fun to draw.  The final cost for Mickey is below:
 
Buttercream icing per batch: $2.55 x 2.5 = $6.38
Chocolate Cake: $1.93
Wrapping and Plating $4.88
Labor: $6 per hour x 4.25 = $25.50
Total: $38.69

No comments:

Post a Comment