Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mickey Mouse Club House Cakes

These cakes were made for two year old twin boys having two different Mickey Mouse Club House parties!  My son doesn't watch Mickey Mouse Club House, so this was another job I researched quite a bit.
The flat cake is a yellow 9x13 cake with blue, green, black, red, yellow, and white buttercream icing.  I flat iced the sky and hill with the rest of the decoration being stars.  I like to use different textures on my cakes because I think it makes them more interesting.  The price for this cake was:
Cakes: $1.84
Wrapping: $4.65
Icing: $2.43 per batch x 3 = $7.29
Labor: $6 per hour x 2.5 = $15
Total: $28.78

The two layer cake took a bit more thought.  The client really wanted Mickey ears to top the cake which could easily have been done with fondant icing.  I don't like fondant icing though because it doesn't taste good, and I see no reason to put something on a cake that doesn't taste good!  Especially a little boy's birthday cake!  Instead I iced two chocolate chip cookies and put them on the last minute before I delivered the cake!  They stood up, looked like Mickey ears, and were yummy!  The bottom layer was a 9" round chocolate cake topped by an 8" round yellow cake decorated with red, yellow, blue, and black buttercream icing.  The price for this cake was:
Cakes: $1.84 x 2 = $3.68
Wrapping: $4.65
Icing: $2.43 per batch x 4 = $9.72
Labor: $6 per hour x 3.5 = $21
Total: $35.05


No comments:

Post a Comment