Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lego Batman Cake

I have one regular client who loves to stretch my creative talents and this year she chose a Lego Batman cake for her four year old little boy.  I love a challenge, so instead of just making a Batman cake, I tried to make him look at much like a Lego as possible.  I built out the feet in blocks just like on the actual Lego Batman and contoured the helmet so the eyes and mouth look like they are protected by the helmet.  I also dug out the cape so it looked like the cape was literally behind Batman’s body.  This cake was really hard to make, but way fun and the little boy’s face when he saw his cake was just priceless!
 
Buttercream Icing per Batch: $2.55 x 3.25 = $8.29 (1 navy, 1 light gray, .25 blue, .25 black, .25 brown, .25 dark gray, .25 peach)
Yellow Cake: $1.93 x 2 = $3.86
Wrapping and Plating: $4.88
Labor: $6.00 per hour x 4 = $24
Total: $41.03






No comments:

Post a Comment