Friday, June 27, 2014

Dragon Ball Z Cupcakes

When I was still teaching high school math I had a student who loved to draw anime.  She was a really smart math student, but her real talent was art.  On the back of every homework assignment, quiz, and exam, she would draw amazing pictures of the class from some point during that week, and it was so easy to identify the characters.  She always teased me (rightly so) because I couldn't even draw a rhombus that looked like it had the correct properties!  My husband would completely echo her sentiments on my lack of drawing ability, but he is always quick to point out, "she can't draw anything with a pencil, but give her icing and it's a done deal."  When I got the order to make these Dragon Ball Z cupcakes I had two thoughts.  First, I vaguely remember when my little brother was obsessed with Dragon Ball Z.  Second, I was terrified of drawing anime and wished desperately my former student could draw the character faces for me.  Though the faces are far from perfect I do think my student would be proud-ish of me... at least she'd say they were better than some of my rhombi!  

Seven of these cupcakes are made of yellow cake and eight are red velvet, but they are all decorated in red, yellow, back, light blue, white, and orange buttercream icing with blue and red foils.  

The cost of these cupcakes are as follows:
Buttercream Icing per Batch: $5.10
7 Yellow Cupcakes and 8 Red Velvet Cupcakes: $1.20
Red and Blue Foils: $2
Labor: $6.00 per hour x 3 = $18
Total: $26.30





No comments:

Post a Comment