Friday, June 6, 2014

Rose Cake

This rose themed cake was made for the mother of a friend of mine who was celebrating her 95th birthday.  One of the reasons why I love making cakes for my local friends is because the friends and family I grew up with are so very far away.  I know if I lived closer to home I would be making cakes for the children of my best friends, and maybe even a cake like this for my MaMa's birthday.  Making new friends and seeing the delight on the faces of those receiving my creations brings me joy and a hope that just maybe the East Coast can be home too.  This cake is a two layer 9" round red velvet cake decorated with white buttercream icing and red buttercream roses with green leaves.  I think the rose theme is delightful and the effect of cutting into a red cake when the theme is red roses is striking.  The cost of the cake is as follows:
 
Buttercream Icing per Batch: $2.55 x 1.5 = $3.83
2 Layer 9" Red Velvet Cake: $1.93
 Wrapping and Plating: $4.88
 Labor: $6.00 per hour x 2.5= $15
Total: $25.64




No comments:

Post a Comment