Friday, May 8, 2015

Lego Robin Cake


This cake was made for a little boy’s fourth birthday who loves superheroes almost as much as he loves Legos!  This chocolate sheet cake is covered with red, green, yellow, peach, white, and black buttercream icing, but what I think makes it really special are the details.  I cut back the cape so Robin stood out, and to provide the illusion the cape is behind Robin.  I also flat iced the skin as well as the cape while staring or drawing on the other details to give the cake some different textures, and to make Robin’s suit look like it is a costume separate from his body.  Finally, I think Robin has really cool hair, but it’s hard to get the right crazy wave with buttercream icing.  To remedy this, I put as much wave into the hair as I could and spiked the rest.  It’s hard to tell in the pictures, but the hair is my favorite part. The final cost of this cake is below:

Icing: $3.55 x 3.5 = $12.43
Cake: $2.81 x 2 = $5.62
Wrapping: $4.88
Labor: $7.50 x 4 = $30
Price: $52.93







No comments:

Post a Comment