Monday, June 6, 2016

Gotham City Cake


This cake was made for a little boy's 7th birthday who loves Batman.  I have made at least three different types of Batman cakes and cupcakes for this little man, so this year I had to do something different. I always research my superhero cakes to get as authentic as possible, so I really struggled with the bat symbol on this cake.  People do not like to eat a lot of black icing, so I made the sky as dark blue as possible to show late evening right before the sky turns black.  I also learned Adam West was able to make the bat symbol during the day time, so ultimately I was ok.  This 9x13" yellow cake was decorated with yellow, navy, gray, and black buttercream icing. The final price of this cake was:

Icing: $3.55 x 1.25 = $4.44 
Cake: $2.81
Wrapping: $4.88
Labor: $7.50 x 3 = $22.50 
Final Price: $34.63



No comments:

Post a Comment